The SMG title is new in Destiny 2‘s Guardian Games and is unique to the event. If you don’t get a good roll by May 24, you won’t get one at all. Thanks to the generous rewards for turning in medallions, unless you only play a few minutes, chances are you’ll be swimming in SMGs after just a few hours.
There is, of course, a top notch roll for The Title SMG for both PvE and PvP, and we’re covering both today.
Destiny 2 Guardian Games 2022 SMG God Roll Title
As one of the few nether SMGs to ever honor Destiny 2, The Title’s main competitor at the moment is the Funnelweb. The title fires slower but packs more punch, but the rolls we’re after are perks that do more damage and make the gun easier to use.
The SMG PvE God Roll Title
PvE is all about survivability and damage availability. The title won’t be a world-beater in the late game, no matter how good the throw, but it can offer some of the best options.
- Barrel: Corkscrew is the best choice because it’s a pure range, stability, and maneuverability buff with no downside. The improvement isn’t huge, but it’s not insignificant either. If you don’t end up with Corkscrew as your barrel, it’s not the end of the world, but go for it as much as you can.
- Magazine: As with the barrel, we are looking for range and stability in the magazine, so Ricochet Rounds is king. High Caliber Rounds is a great backup loader choice as it combines increased range with improved flinch on PvE and PvP enemies.
- Feature 1: Grave Robber or Stats for All. Grave Robber will ensure the weapon’s availability, provided you can get a melee kill for some time before The Title magazine runs out. Stats for All is a flat buff to range, stability, handling, and reload speed after killing three enemies. The title is all about knocking down the trash cans, making Stats for All a solid option.
- Feature 2: Vorpal weapon or swashbuckler are both great choices for the latest slot. Picking up Vorpal increases your boss damage, and while The Title isn’t designed for max DPS, there are plenty of times during the late game where your main will be all you have and every point counts. Swashbuckler leans into The Title’s role as a cleanup weapon, stacking a damage buff of up to 33% at max stacks.
Any combination of the above will serve you very well, however. you would be in a very good position if you could get stats for all and Vorpal.
The SMG PvP God Roll Title
PvP for SMGs is all about range, aiming accuracy, and weapon controllability. The longer and better you can stay on a target’s head from the longer distance, the better.
- Barrel: That is Corkscrew Rifling or Arrowhead Break. Corkscrew, for the reasons mentioned above, and Arrowhead because it adds both a ton of recoil control and a modest amount of manipulation. The real benefit is the knockback buff, as the title can kick quite a lot if you don’t actively manage it.
- Magazine: Like PvE.
- Feature 1: Perpetual Motion. Movement is the very key to mid-level PvP, and as long as you’re on the move, you’ll gain at least a moderate buff to stability, maneuverability, and reloading. Dynamic Sway Reduction is also a good choice for its sway reduction with longer trigger holds if you’re using a controller.
- Aspect 2: moving target or swashbuckler. While Swash is good for almost anything, as bonus damage is never something you should turn down, Moving Target adds a flat bonus to title aim assist. In other words, it improves the magnetization of bullets on your enemies, making it easier to land headshots. There is also a minor bonus to movement speed while aiming down sights. Vorpal Weapon is a good backup choice because it deals bonus damage to Supers.
Farming The SMG title for god rolls isn’t particularly grueling, but in the few dozen we have, there hasn’t been a single one that matches any of the rolls above. Here is the hope. Check our guide to Farming Medallions for more title shots. Our Destiny 2 guide center has plenty more content to enjoy while you’re here.