Job : 23 March 22
Location: Santa Clara, California
Preferred education: 4 year diploma
Internal number: R2212871
We have an opportunity for a Computational Plasma Physicist to help design the next generation of plasma processing equipment. The position requires in-depth knowledge and experience in computational plasma physics, electromagnetism (EM), computational methods, plasma chemistry or related fields. Additional knowledge of plasma material processing is valuable but not essential. Uses best practices and technical knowledge to improve semiconductor manufacturing products. Solves complex problems. Acts as a resource for less experienced colleagues.
- Perform plasma and/or electromagnetic (EM) modeling of plasma chambers to provide a better understanding of plasma/EM behavior during design and feasibility, design and development of semiconductor processing equipment .
- Develop, modify and test internal plasma, EM and associated codes as required.
- Perform technical analysis. Recommend design changes to improve plasma/EM behavior to meet technical/business needs.
- Apply internal and/or external codes to resolve plasma/EM related issues as required.
- Work in a team environment. Present modeling results and recommendations to the product development team.
- Provide plasma and/or EM technical expertise as a valuable resource.
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in computational plasma physics, electromagnetism (EM), computational methods, plasma chemistry, or related fields. Knowledge of plasma material processing is a plus.
- Solves complex plasma/EM problems; interprets results judiciously; provides analysis-based recommendations.
- Impact modeling team, product development team, customers and other related teams; works within general guidelines and policies.
- Explains difficult information; works in a team environment.
Education: Master or Doctorate
0 to 3 years of relevant experience
Applied Materials is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity , age, disability, veteran or military status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. .